Chan Shun Hall, Room #201
269-471-3632; FAX: 269-471-6158
Allen F. Stembridge, Dean
Jerry Chi, Assistant Dean
The School of Business Administration offers high quality education in business at the bachelor’s and master’s levels to all who qualify, both church members and others of goodwill. We emphasize excellence in teaching in our disciplines, challenging students to search for knowledge and for that wisdom illumined by Christian insight in preparation for service to the world.
The school traces its origin to 1908 with the establishment of the Commercial Department of Emmanuel Missionary College. In 1952 all business instruction was organized into the Department of Business Administration. MBA candidates were admitted to the graduate program in 1964.
In July 1980, the School of Business Administration was organized, becoming the third professional school of the university. The school is housed in Chan Shun Hall.
Business Ethics Oath
The School of Business Administration is committed to promoting a higher ethical standard for its graduating students. Ethics is learned in various business classes throughout the course of study, with a business ethics oath taken at the end of their senior year. This oath is available to senior students wishing to participate in a higher ethical standard of business conduct.
- Promote faculty commitment to scholarly research and service to society as important components of our teaching mission.
- Improve business practices within the church through both research and service.
- Prepare students for careers in for-profit and not-for-profit organizations.
- Encourage critical thinking, creative expression and mastery of analytical tools.
- Expose students to recent research and thinking in each discipline.
- Foster a broad general education that provides undergraduate business students with the basic tools for academic and professional achievement.
Accreditation and Memberships
The School of Business Administration at Andrews University has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE), located in Olathe, Kansas. The business programs in the following degrees are accredited by the IACBE:
- Bachelor of Business Administration with concentrations in Accounting, Finance, Information Systems, International Business, Management, and Marketing
- Master of Business Administration
The University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association. The School of Business Administration is a member of the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International).
Associate of Science
Bachelor of Arts
Bachelor of Science
Bachelor of Business Administration
Master of Business Administration
Master of Science Administration