Feb 19, 2019
MDiv Track 1 program is for students who have a Bachelors degree in Theology. Students who do not have a BA in Theology will need to complete the Track 2 program.
MDiv General Infomation
For information regarding: Program Overview, Application, Policies and other entrance requirements -Click Here .
Interdisciplinary Courses Credits: 14
All students who do not pass or who opt not to take the Biblical Literacy Entrance Exam must take GSEM525 - The Bible and Biblical History during their first semester in the MDiv program
Christian Ministry Credits: 22
- CHMN 539 - Church Growth and the Equipping Pastor Credits: 3
- CHMN 543 - Christian Leadership in a Changing World Credits: 3
- 2 Credits of CHMN 555 - Pastoral Counseling Credits: 2,3
- 3 Credits of CHMN 562 - Field Evangelism Credits: 3–6
- 2 credits of CHMN 631 - Field Evangelistic Preaching Credits: 2–3
- 1 credit of CHMN 662 - Field Evangelistic Preaching Practicum Credits: 1–3
- CHMN 560 - Theological Field Education Credits: 2
Prereq: CHMN552 – Foundations of Pastoral Ministry – 2 credits
Pastors who can present a letter from their Employer/Conference, to the CHMN Department Chair, verifying at least 2 years of fulltime paid pastoral experience including intentional mentoring, verified by a service record, may substitute the course with another CHMN (600 level ) course at the Department Chair’s discretion (Track 1 only).
Choose one (2 credit) course from each of the sets below.
- CHMN 566 - Mobilizing Laity for the Ministry of Evangelism Credits: 2,3
- Or CHMN 656 - Holistic Small Groups Credits: 2,3
- CHMN 523 - Worship: Word and Music Credits: 2,3
- Or 2 Credits of CHMN _____ - Advanced Preaching elective (600-level)
- CHMN 553 - The Church and Social Issues Credits: 2,3
- Or MSSN 505 - Christian Responses to Human Needs Credits: 2,3
Discipleship and Religious Education - 8
Church History Credits: 6
New Testament Credits: 8
Before registering for New Testament courses, check the course description for Greek Language and/or other course prerequisites.
- Choose one (600 Level) exegesis course Credits: 3
- Choose one (600 Level) theology course Credits: 3
- Choose one (600 Level) backgrounds course Credits 2
Old Testament Credits: 8
Before registering for Old Testament courses, check the course description for Hebrew Language and/or other course prerequisites.
- Choose one Archeology course Credits: 2
- Choose one (600 Level) Old Testament Exegesis course Credits: 3
- Choose one (600 Level) Old Testament Theology course Credits: 3
General Electives - Credits 12
Track 1 students take 12 credits of general electives. Electives may not be used to satisfy prerequisites and/or deficiencies. Students may wish to complete an emphasis using elective credits. Up to 9 credits in relevant courses offered by other schools of the university on the graduate level may be included in the general electives, including up to 4 appropriate workshop credits.
MDiv Concentration Options
Students enrolled in the MDiv program may choose from a number of 12-credit emphases. Students must apply for an emphasis during the first year of their program. More specific details may be obtained from each department regarding these areas of emphasis.
Choosing an emphasis may prolong the length of a student’s program. Please consider the possibility of adding a semester to your MDiv program when attempting to complete an emphasis. Regular master’s tuition is charged for courses taken after an MDiv student has completed their program coursework.