Jan 23, 2018
For information, contact: email@example.com, 269-471-3311
RN-BSN Online program provides the RN with an associate degree an opportunity to complete their Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree. The curriculum focuses on the professional and leadership roles of the BSN-prepared nurse. Normally students complete in two years (4 semesters and 2 summers). The program requirements will involve clinical activities that may not be carried out in the student’s work unit.
Andrews University recognizes the associate degree as a whole package, leaving a minimum of 32 credit hours to be completed at the university for the bachelor’s degree.
Applicants from countries other than U. S. will need to have equivalent transcripts evaluated by Andrews University.
Some general education courses (Andrews Core Experience) may have been fulfilled within the associate degree package. See Andrews Core Experience: Professional Degrees .
Additional general education courses needed to complete the BSN requirement can be taken online through School of Distance Education& International Partnerships.
Delivery: This program is offered in an interactive online format (see School of Distance Education Definitions). In the interactive online format, courses have specific start and end dates. The interactive online program does not require any time on campus. Students in the interactive online program are encouraged to come to campus for graduation. Tuition for the interactive online degree is 50% of regular tuition. The Andrews Core Experience courses are offered year-round in a self-paced format and some ACE courses are available in the summer in an interactive online format.
Nursing Requirements - 32
Undergraduate nursing practicum: In nursing classes with a practicum, a ratio of four clinical hours will be required for each semester credit. For example, a 1-credit practicum meets for 60 clock hours, a 2-credit practicum course meets for 120 clock hours, a 1-credit lab meets for 30 clock hours. Practicum hours are indicated in the bulletin in the course description.
Application for admission may require a minimum of six weeks for processing evaluation. We have a rolling admission and application deadlines are as follows:
- October 1st for Spring (December 1st for Spring 2017 cohort).
- March 1st for Summer
- June 1st for Fall
- An associate degree in nursing.
- Minimal overall GPA of 2.5
- An acceptable criminal background check from company recommended by Department of Nursing.
- Physical examination report that must include:
- Tuberculin skin test (if positive a chest x-ray is required, will be evaluated individually) and yearly evaluation thereafter
- Proof of immunization or serum immunity for MMR1 and MMR2 (measles, mumps, rubella, rubeola), T-dap (Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis), and hepatitis B
- Proof of either having had chickenpox (or tested for varicella-zoster antibodies) or immunization.
- Current licensure as an RN in the United States or equivalent licensure/permission to practice in country of residence.
- Current CPR.
- Drug screening is required.
RN-BSN nursing students in the online program need to understand that:
- The Department of Nursing requires a minumum cumulative GPA of 2.5 to graduate.
- Requirements for varisous clinical sites may vary and student must abide by the stated requirements.
- Students must finish within 3 years of starting the program.
- Class and clinical attendance are required: The Department of Nursing will uphold University Policy .
- No course with a grade below C- may count towards the degree.