Apr 23, 2018
Major: Degree Requirements - 63
Business - 21
Credits to be selected in consultation with adviser.
Andrews Core Experience - 39
Students must take all courses designated in the Professional Degree Requirements of the Andrews Core Experience while noting the following approved course substitutions.
Undergraduate Electives - 22
Credits to be chosen in consultation with advisor.
Maintaining Academic Standing
- Students must maintain minimum GPA of 2.5 in all aviation coursework and 2.25 cumulative overall.
- 1st Class FAA medical with Student Pilot Certificate prior to entry into the Flight program, or petition the department for a waiver.
- Flight students are required to produce proof of citizenship (passport or birth certificate) as well as goverment issued photo identification.
Contact the Department of Aviation no later than July 15 to start the application process for TSA
- For ALL NON-U.S. CITIZENS planning to receive flight training as part of their degree program, an additional government application to the Transportation Security Administration (TSA), which includes an FBI background check, is required for each flight class. Students must receive department authorization before starting the TSA application process. TSA AUTHORISATION IS REQUIRED BEFORE ANY FLIGHT CLASSES CAN BE STARTED.
- TSA approval must be completed by the first week of September or the student must widraw from all flight classes.
- International Students - A Toefl score of 550 or equivalent must be on file before admission to the flight program. See the university bulliten section English Language Requirements for equivalent scores.
- Status as an aviation major is provisional until the student demonstrates satisfactory academic and performance skills. In order to proceed in the Flight program all students must successfully pass AFLT 122 and the Private Pilot Ground School as well as complete the private pilot written and flight check ride before being accepted in to regular status in the flight program.
- Students are required to have an iPad (see Department of Aviation Charges ).
- Credit by exam will only be approved for new students transferring in with previous FAA certificates subject to departmental approval.
- In addition to tuition, flight lab fees apply to all flight training courses (see Department of Aviation Charges ).
- Admission into the flight program starts in the fall semester only.
A Private Pilot Certificate, Instrument Rating, and a Commercial Pilot Certificate with Single and Multi-Engine Ratings are required for graduation.
A handbook for flight and maintenance students outlining policies, operational guidelines, and general information is available from the department office or is online at the department website. Students are responsible for all policies outlined in the Department of Aviation Handbook.