Oct 21, 2017
The BA in Religion with a concentration in Biblical and theological studies is designed for students seeking a mastery of basic principles of biblical interpretation, theological reasoning, and practical ministry. In distinction to other BA in Religion emphases, this track does not aim for intentional integration with a student’s primary major and related vocational goals, but instead provides a broad-based immersion into Adventist theology and practice. It is suited as a degree for non-traditional students who for various reasons are not in the position to complete a BA in Theology. The degree does not meet pre-Seminary requirements and students are encouraged to add another major.
Major: Core Requirements - 44-45
Andrews Core Experience - 60-61
Students must take all courses designated in the BA & BS Degree Requirements of the Andrews Core Experience.
Fulfilled through completion of the religion major.
Choose one of the following sets:
- BIBL 211 - Greek I Credits: 3
- BIBL 212 - Greek II Credits: 3
- BIBL 313 - Greek III Credits: 3
- BIBL 341 - Hebrew I Credits: 3
- BIBL 342 - Hebrew II Credits: 3
- Any modern foreign language, through the intermediate level.
*Note: Language requirements may be fulfilled by any intermediate level foreign language course. Major requirement can be fulfilled by taking one of the Biblical languages.
- Minimum grade of “C-” for all major classes and cognates.
- Minimum overall GPA of 2.25
- Major GPA of 2.50
- Practical service in accordance with the requirements of the department.
Students planning to enter the Seventh-day Adventist Theological Seminary should select a major in theology. A religion major must be supplemented with Seminary prerequisite courses. For entrance requirements, see the Theological Seminary section of this bulletin.
- Document foundational knowledge in the areas of Bible, history, and theology from an SDA perspective
- Effectively communicate the global mission, beliefs, and heritage of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
- Exhibit growth in awareness of Christian values and life skills
Change the World
- Document service experiences & skills in community and cross cultural contexts