Return to: Student Handbook
The Office of Student Activities & Involvement exists to create and maintain a Christian environment of social and recreational activities that foster healthy and rewarding relationships within a diverse student body.
Student Activities coordinates social events such as Almost Anything Goes, Splash for Cash and the Dodgeball Tournament. Student Activities often plans events in collaboration with the Andrews University Student Association (AUSA). Student Activities co-sponsors, with the Howard Performing Arts Center, a Christian Artists Concert Series that brings well-known artists to campus. Each year, Student Activities also plans a ski trip to Steamboat, Colorado. One (1) P.E. credit is offered for this trip. In addition, Student Activities facilitates the creation and renewal of campus clubs and organizations.
The Campus Center is a gathering place where students can both socialize and study. In order to provide a welcoming environment for all students, please adhere to the following guidelines:
- Each student is responsible for throwing away his/her trash in the receptacles provided.
- Furnishings should be left clean and in order. Tables and chairs, if moved, must be returned to their proper place.
- Use of personal equipment for playing music or for viewing videos, etc., is permitted only with the use of headphones. Material viewed must be in harmony with Christian values.
- Appropriate decorum is expected and should not include public displays of affection such as kissing, sitting on laps, etc.
- Groups wishing to rehearse or practice must first reserve space with the Student Life office.
Please also be aware that stairwells and stairs are unoccupied areas—students found in these areas will be asked to vacate.
Students wishing to set up a booth in the Campus Center hallway should contact the Office of Student Activities & Involvement (meat and caffeinated beverages may not be served or sold on campus). The Student Life and Leadership Lab may be reserved through the Student Life office.
William Mutch Recreation Center
The William Mutch Recreation Center, located on the lower level of the Campus Center, is a meeting place for students to socialize, study and gather. Various games and recreation equipment are available to check out and use. Student workers are on duty to facilitate these activities and help to maintain the facilities. The recreation center is open during evenings and weekends and for special events.