Smith Hall, Room 109
Clive W. Holland, Chair
Jerry D. Harris
Garth B. Woodruff
Thomas N. Chittick
Stanley H. Beikmann
Holly D. Shaffer
The mission of the Agriculture Department at Andrews University is to transform our students as they are educated to:
- Seek Knowledge
- Learn current, sustainable, practices and procedures in their chosen area of agriculture based on a strong scientific foundation and hands-on experience
- Affirm Faith
- Realize our sacred obligation as the caretakers of this planet to preserve and improve it
- Change the World
- Put the knowledge and experience gained into practice to improve:
- the production and quality of life of animals and the humans who interact with them
- the quality of the soil and water in agriculture areas
- the beauty of living spaces with plants
- food security for those in need now and for all of us in the future
Bachelor of Science. The BS degree prepares individuals to pursue advanced degrees for careers in teaching or research. Students may major in agriculture, animal science,horticulture or landscape design with a minor to complement their intended purpose.
Bachelor of Technology. The BT degree is a professional degree. Graduates are prepared for supervisory and management positions in production agriculture such as crops or dairy herd management, horticulture or the landscape industry.
Associate of Technology. The two-year AT degree programs provide students with adequate skills and working knowledge to apply for entry-level positions in their area of specialization.
ProgramsAssociate of TechnologyBachelor of ScienceBachelor of TechnologyMinorPre-Professional Program